By Lexus Yamashiro | Staff Writer
For the third year, KCC will be having its annual University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Transfer Fair.
“This is just to make it easier for KCC students to access information about programs that they might want to pursue at Mānoa,” said Jennifer Brown, the Kaʻieʻie/Transfer Advisor. “It’s basically just getting to put an actual face with a program that they’re interested in.”
Brown will be hosting the UHM Transfer Fair on October 24 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Ohia Cafeteria.
Students will be able to learn from 16 programs being offered at the UH Mānoa campus. Each program will have one representative where students can ask questions and receive hand-outs.
The following programs will be present:
- ACCESS (College of Social Sciences)
- Art and Art History
- Arts & Humanities
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Language, Linguistics, & Literature
- College of Natural Sciences – Physical Sciences
- College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources
- Honors Program
- Information and Computer Sciences
- Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work
- Pre-Health/Pre-Law Advising Center
- School of Architecture
- School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene
- School of Ocean and Earth Sciences and Technology
- School of Pacific and Asian Studies
- School of Travel Industry Management
- Shidler College of Business
“Just come on by and also say hello; these are people who want to meet you and they are very friendly,” Brown said. “… It makes them (the representatives) happy to interact with students. That’s what they want out of this timeframe.”
For more information, contact Jennifer Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her office in the Maida Kamber Center at ‘Ilima 104.